My dad has been an incredible influence in my life. It wasn’t that he knew all the answers, or that he was the best at all things – he’s imperfect just like all parents. What’s made him so influential in my life is his presence. My dad started his own business over 35 years ago. I grew up going to the office with him, playing hangman on the company’s whiteboard, and playing in the creek behind his office during lunch break. I didn’t notice how successful or unsuccessful he was – especially in the business sense. I remember he worked really hard, he tried to make wise decisions, and he always came home. I distinctly remember multiple award banquets for sports or school when he had a businessman in town meeting with him. Guess who showed up at my award shows? My dad. And the businessman. What he modeled for me, my sister, my mom, and the countless people he came into contact with were that his priorities actually took priority. And he gave those priorities his presence.
From a teenager pulling weeds in the parking lot to an adult behind a desk, I’ve had the honor of working for my dad over the years. It wasn’t the work or pay that made it worthwhile, but the glimpse into something he’s grown. I grew up having my dad proud of me. But in those years and still today, I’m proud of my dad. What I noticed as a child remains true today: in his business and in his life he’s the same man – a man of integrity and character that really loves his family.
My parents have a great marriage, but I don’t think that’s because it’s just worked out that way. No, they’ve worked for it for the last 37 years and honestly, it’s beautiful to see: a model that was set for us girls as we grew up that we’re now experiencing in our own marriages. I’m so grateful. I love you, Dad! Happy Father’s Day – to you and all the other dads out there!
The Gift Guide Where Everything Ships in Two Days
This gift guide was inspired by my dad – by the things he loves – and just really likes (when things work efficiently). So, I give you this Amazon Prime guide for the special guys in your life – for any occasion; not just Father’s Day! All items will arrive to your front door in two days! In addition to my dad, this guide reflects my brother-in-law and my husband (though he’s not a dad yet!) – three ordinary men who are crazy about their families. This list is compiled of items they already own and love – so the men in my life approved!
Simple: Under $25
1. Ready Player One (Book): Mike’s all-time favorite book! He wanted you to know that the book is definitely better than the movie.
2. Luxardo Gormet Maraschino Cherries: A staple in my dad’s favorite drink (an Old Fashioned).
3. Original Water Blade: Say goodbye to drying your car with a towel!
4. Lifefactory 22-Ounce BPA-Free Glass Water Bottle with Sleeve: It never hurts to have another water bottle on hand.
Savvy: Under $40
5. Wemo Mini Smart Plug: We might be addicted to these (there are 4 in our house right now). Manage lights or devices with an app or your preferred digital assistant.
6. California Car Duster Detailing Kit: Remove all the dust from your car in under a minute!
7. Sanuk Men’s Flip-Flop: Mike’s new favorite sandals. So comfortable. I actually have the women’s version – a fierce upgrade from my Old Navy flip-flops.
8. Uppercut 2 Piece Deluxe Pomade, 7 Ounce: My brother-in-law has used this pomade for his hair for years – and he has great hair!
Splurge: Under $140
9. Anker Portable Charger: Extra juice on-the-go for up to 2 devices at once.
10. Titleist Pro V1 Golf Balls: For your favorite golfer.
11. New Balance Men’s Fresh Foam Cruz Running Shoe: Another favorite of my brother-in-law’s – for the gym and workouts.
12. Ray-Ban Wayfarer Sunglasses: Protect your eyes and look good doing it!
Mike and our brother-in-law, Jon, at our wedding.
I hope this helps with your last minute shopping (or even if you shop ahead of time! If you’re looking for a low-budget or intentional gift, check out my low-budget gift guide. Happy gifting!
Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Photos: The Brauns
4 thoughts on “Amazon Gift Guide for the Special Man in Your Life (hint: all two-day shipping)”
Are you telling me I can be as fly as that guy in the photo by using that pomade and buying some ray bans????? 2 days isn’t fast enough – I need to overnight those!
Haha, I bet! 🙂 Thanks for your suggestions, Jon!
Love this!! Great gift ideas, and I LOVE me some
Amazon! When I shop other places it feels like it takes MONTHS for my things to arrive! #amazonspoiled
Thanks Megan!! Haha, yes – we love Amazon in our home!